Cherry Berry Pancake Syrup
I invented this one morning when we made pancakes and then realized we were totally out of maple syrup. Since then it's become a staple and we make it every single time we have pancakes. Berries are the only ingredient and it takes almost no effort to make.
- 1 or 1 1/2 cups frozen berries--whatever you happen to have in your freezer is great! Use just one kind, mix and match, the options are endless.
- Plain blueberry is excellent!
- Plain Strawberry is a classic!
- Plain cherry is a fun twist
- We love doing 1/3 blueberries, 1/3 strawberries & 1/3 cherries
- While you're making pancakes, preheat the oven to 170 to keep the pancakes warm
- Put your berries in an ovenproof dish and put them in the oven for 5-10 minutes to soften up
- Put berries in the blender and blend until smooth like syrup
- Pour back into oven proof dish and put back in the oven to heat until your pancakes are done
- It will get a little thicker in the oven and become a consistency between syrup and fruit jelly
- Pour a generous helping over your pancakes and enjoy!
Goodies In this Recipe
Berries- It's JUST FRUIT!!! There is no sugar, no gelatin, no food coloring...It's just fruit with all the decadence and flavor of something that's really bad for you. Eat the whole bowl if you want to and feel good about yourself.