Summer Dill Grilled Salmon
This is one of those recipes that we will often make a large batch at the beginning of the week and then add it to salads for lunch or pair it with grilled veggies and quinoa for a quick & easy dinner. It’s delicious, fast & super easy. This recipe serves 2 but I usually double or triple it so we have leftovers. This salmon goes great with just about anything so make a ton and put it on everything!
- Wild caught salmon
- Olive oil
- Lemon pepper
- Dried dill weed (although fresh is good too)
- Lightly coat salmon in olive oil
- Sprinkle a little lemon pepper on both sides
- Sprinkle dill generously over both sides
- Grill pink side down for 2 minutes
- Then flip skin side down and grill for another 2-5 minutes or until salmon is flakey
- Serve with your favorite salad, rice or veggie and enjoy!
- Try it on the Blueberry Kale salad (one of my personal favorites!!)
Goodies In this Recipe
Dill-Dill is a COOL plant! It contains calcium, manganese and iron as well as antioxidants. It has anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antifungal properties among other health benefits. A host of health studies have also shown that dill can reduce menstrual cramps, improve depression symptoms, lower cholesterol, improve digestion and protect against free-radicals. Read more here. So coat that salmon and enjoy the summer taste of dill while your body gets a power punch of goodness.
Wild Caught Salmon- Most people know that salmon is high in healthy omega oils which are good for your brain. But did you know that salmon is also high in all forms of vitamin B which helps your body turn food into energy, is involved in the repair process of creating and repairing DNA and has been shown to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease? Salmon also contains more potassium than a banana and studies have shown that the health benefits of salmon range from cancer prevention, ADHD prevention, improved eyesight and healthier skin. So be smart! Eat salmon. :) Read more here and here.